About Gwalior Smart City
- Gwalior Smart City Proposal was selected by the Government of India under Smart City Mission in the second round of smart cities challenge.
- Gwalior Smart City Development Corporation Limited was incorporated as a Special Purpose Vehicle to implement the Smart City initiatives.
- Gwalior has a unique opportunity to address its three most pressing concerns: urban mobility, waste management and economic development through loT and ICT platforms to target improved service delivery.
- The projects have been structured into Area Based Development and Pan City Configuration to address the needs of the entire population in a efficient manner.
City Identity and Culture
- Increase tourist arrivals to one Million by the year 2020 through tourism packages, improving tourist-circuit linkages and tourism infrastructure for strengthening Gwalior’s identity as the cultural capital of Madhya Pradesh.
Connected and Accessible City
- Create fast, safe, affordable and lucrative urban mass transit with a capacity to cater to 50% of the future traffic demand in next 10 Years.
- Use clean mobility options with emphasis on walking and Non-Motorized Transport (NMT) by pursuing Transit Oriented Development(TOD).
Resilient Urban Ecosystem
- Meet at least 10% of the city’s total power demand through renewable source by the year 2020 under the Solar City Initiative.
- Fostering inclusive economy by leveraging local talent and economic potentials of the region to create additional employment in the city.
- To be among the top 10 Cities in India for Ease of Doing Business by next decade by creating a progressive environment for local traders, businesses and start-up initiatives.
Efficient Urban Infrastructure.
- Ensure 100% coverage of 24*7 Water Supply and ElectricSupply by 2020.
- Mitigate digital divide and ensure last-mile cyber connectivity.
- Promote Gwalior as an education hub by creation of knowledge parks and incubation centers.